I'II legislate for the betterment of my constituency--- Osaro Obazee

Hon Osaro Obazee



By Editor


Feb 2, 2023


Hon Osaro Obazee, the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for the Oredo Federal Constituency, has promised to legislate for the betterment of his constituents if voted in the February 25, 2023 general elections.


Obazee made the promise at a press briefing with journalists on Thursday in Benin City.


He also promised to executive constituency projects that will positively impact directly on the lives of the constituents.


"It is my desire to contribute robustly to the legislative process by sponsoring bills and motions that will ameliorate the living conditions of my people.


"I shall concentrate on the core areas of economy, agriculture, education, sports development, cultural values, public infrastructural development, security among others.


"I shall pursue vigorously, legislations that will deepen the nation's economic fortunes, strengthen the purchasing power of the ordinary Nigerians and improve on the performance of our currency in an attempt to tackle rising  inflation and reducing the poverty  level  of Nigerians in the process.


"I promised to take my primary assignment seriously and ensure that the bills I shall sponsor or co-sponsor shall become laws that will affect the ordinary citizen positively in their daily activities.


"I will vigorously pursue the enactment of laws geared towards the advancement of the welfare of women in Oredo federal constituency.


"I shall advocate for true federalism so as to ensure that all federating units enjoy the benefits of a functional federal system of government with the primary interest of the government being the people.


"There shall be regular town hall meetings with my constituents so as to carry them along in the law making process and further ensure regular consultations and interface with my people ", he added.


Obazee, the former chairman of Oredo local government area who said he has been tested and carved a niche for himself in the public service, opined that his excellence in leadership is founded on his believe that all people especially in Oredo federal constituency must be carried along in the distribution of the dividends of democracy.


Hon Osaro Obazee



Speaking on security, the federal lawmaker hopeful promised to liaise with co-legislators of like minds in advancing legislations that will secure the lives of the people.


According to him, I will strive to ensure that all security agencies are strengthened while influencing employment of able-bodied men and women in my constituency who wish to be part of the security architecture through recommendation.


"I will liaise with relevant stakeholders in the security sector to ensure adequate security for my people just as I intend to build security structures as part of my constituency projects",he stated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corruption allegation case: Federal High Court orders service of summons on Gov Obaseki

Six old commissioners make Obaseki's list

Edo Guber 2024: Come home to liberate us, group appeals to Federal Permanent Secretary